[turba] transfering personal adressbooks to new server

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Mar 17 17:46:11 UTC 2008

Quoting Andreas Matthus <Andreas.Matthus at tu-dresden.de>:

> Hallo ed,
>> Have you tried the export/import options?
>>
> That is no option for me, becourse it must be work for a lot of
> accounts without user-interaction.

I have no idea what backend you are using for the addresses but if you
are using mysql you can dump the table and data on the old machine and
add or substitute it to the new database on the new machine.  If there
are version differences you could always use phpMyAdmin rather than
mysql command line which has a lot of different options.  I do this
all the time with other horde tables.  I personally use ldap for
addressbooks so I haven't used mysql for turba but it is only one
table so it shouldn't be a problem.

good luck,

ed