[turba] transfering personal adressbooks to new server

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Mar 17 20:22:16 UTC 2008

Quoting eculp <eculp at encontacto.net>:

> Quoting Andreas Matthus <Andreas.Matthus at tu-dresden.de>:
>
>> Hallo ed,
>>> Have you tried the export/import options?
>>>
>> That is no option for me, becourse it must be work for a lot of
>> accounts without user-interaction.
>
> I have no idea what backend you are using for the addresses but if you
> are using mysql you can dump the table and data on the old machine and
> add or substitute it to the new database on the new machine.  If there
> are version differences you could always use phpMyAdmin rather than
> mysql command line which has a lot of different options.  I do this
> all the time with other horde tables.  I personally use ldap for
> addressbooks so I haven't used mysql for turba but it is only one
> table so it shouldn't be a problem.

This would only work if:

1) The usernames are the same across both horde installations and
2) the turba source is not using shares - otherwise, the datatree data
would have to be moved as well, and unless you move the datatree
tables in their entirety, or otherwise ensure that the datatree_ids in
the old tables do not conflict with any in the new tables, things will
break.

Thanks,
mike

--