[turba] problems w/ $prefs['perpage'] w/ turba 2.2rc3 and HEAD

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Wed Apr 23 19:50:39 UTC 2008

$prefs['perpage'] doesn't seem to be doing what (I think) it's designed to do.
The description...

     "Number of items per page"

...makes me think that it will only show /x/ number of items per page.
  For values > x, you'll see multiple pages.

I would expect the behavior to be consistent between search and
browse.  If I'm browsing an address book with 20 entries for Smith,
but $prefs['perpage'] = 10, I'd expect to have to page through two
pages of Smith entries.  If I'm searching an addressbook for Smith,
and there are 20 search results, I'd expect to have to page through
two pages of Smith search results.  Turba 2.0.x and 2.1.x behaved in
this fashion.

The behavior I'm witnessing, however, is that $prefs['perpage']
doesn't affect the browse view at all.  If $prefs['perpage'] = 10, and
I go to browse my address book, I see all of the entries for a
particular letter.

Where $prefs['perpage'] does appear to be effecting things, tho, is in
the search results.  If I search for something that returns 20
entries, I only get to see 10 of them.  Ever.

This appears to be true across all of the data sources I've tried
(LDAP, SQL and "Favourites").  This is confusing and borders on being
a show stopper in my opinion.

Liam