[turba] Trouble upgrading from Turba 2.1.4 to 2.2.1

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jul 15 23:18:25 UTC 2008

Quoting Chris Lafty <clafty at stlawu.edu>:

> My test system: RHEL 5, PHP 5 - 64 bit
>
> I've upgrade all of my horde project to latest version (except for
> turba).  I'm having issues with individual contacts not being
> displayed ("The contact you requested does not exist."), and some
> address book user prefs not being stored after editing.  Here's the
> scoop:

<snip>

> 7. run 2.1_to_2.2_sql_schema.php > outputforreal
>    Interesting messages:
>      Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in
> /usr/share/pear/Mail/RFC822.php on line 622

This error is most likely due to the email address not being a 'pure'
email address such as user at example.com - but shouldn't cause amy
issues *except* for the fact that that user's email address might not
be present in the contact entry any longer.

>   8.  After script user --> clafty --> table: horde_prefs -->
> pref_name: addressbooks --> value:
>
> 1bbaef3ac8577c7bd214d95d9ae67e23

This part doesn't make *any* sense. Are you saying that before you ran
the 2.1_to_2.2_sql_schema.php script, the pref was empty and after you
ran th script it contained that string? Is this before or after the
user logged in?  The sql_schema script does not touch user prefs.
There *are* upgrade scripts that do, and that value looks appropriate
so maybe you left out some of the steps you took?

If you were using shares in 2.1.4, then it looks like you probably
*did* miss a step...read the section in dos/UPGRADING regarding
flattened horde shares.

Thanks,
mike

--