[turba] Adding a contact from a mail doesn't work when the use_shares is enabled on a user private address book

Yann Rouillard yann.rouillard at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Jul 29 12:42:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am currently setting up horde and I have encountered a problem with
the add contact link displayed next to email address on the mail display
window.

I tried to enable this feature by configuring the add_source pref
in imp:

$_prefs['add_source'] = array(
     'value' => 'localsql',
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => true,
     'type' => 'implicit'
);

The icon link is properly displayed but each time I try to add a
contact I have the following error message:

   Invalid address book: localsql

Indeed, the cfgSources variables doesn't contain 'localsql', the key
name in the array has been changed to an hexadecimal number:

(
     [a8e4f1725402983caa2742ae4c932ac3] => Array
         (
             [title] => Carnet d'adresses de yrouillard
             [type] => share
             [params] => Array
                 (
                     [persistent] =>
                     [username] => horde
                     [password] => *****
                     [socket] => /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
                     [protocol] => unix
                     [database] => horde
                     [charset] => UTF8
                     [splitread] =>
                     [phptype] => mysql
                     [table] => turba_objects
                     [config] => Array

I workarounded the bug by disabling "use_shares" in the localsql
source configuration which seems to cause the change of key name in the
cfgSources array.

I wonder if this is a bug or if I did not properly configured turba ?
Did anybody else have this problem ?

I joined my turba sources.php file.

Yann