[turba] Adding a contact from a mail doesn't work when the use_shares is enabled on a user private address book

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jul 29 13:42:10 UTC 2008

Quoting Yann Rouillard <yann.rouillard at jouy.inra.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently setting up horde and I have encountered a problem with
> the add contact link displayed next to email address on the mail display
> window.
>
> I tried to enable this feature by configuring the add_source pref
> in imp:
>
> $_prefs['add_source'] = array(
>      'value' => 'localsql',
>      'locked' => false,
>      'shared' => true,
>      'type' => 'implicit'
> );
>
> The icon link is properly displayed but each time I try to add a
> contact I have the following error message:
>
>    Invalid address book: localsql
>
> Indeed, the cfgSources variables doesn't contain 'localsql', the key
> name in the array has been changed to an hexadecimal number:
>
> (
>      [a8e4f1725402983caa2742ae4c932ac3] => Array
>          (
>              [title] => Carnet d'adresses de yrouillard
>              [type] => share
>              [params] => Array
>                  (
>                      [persistent] =>
>                      [username] => horde
>                      [password] => *****
>                      [socket] => /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>                      [protocol] => unix
>                      [database] => horde
>                      [charset] => UTF8
>                      [splitread] =>
>                      [phptype] => mysql
>                      [table] => turba_objects
>                      [config] => Array
>
> I workarounded the bug by disabling "use_shares" in the localsql
> source configuration which seems to cause the change of key name in the
> cfgSources array.
>

> I wonder if this is a bug or if I did not properly configured turba ?
> Did anybody else have this problem ?

You cannot set default preferences to a shared address book source
since the source identifier is unique to each user (i.e. The name of
the source will *never* be 'localsql' when using shares).  Each user
will need to set their own preference for this.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)