[turba] Turba 2.3 without shares and more than one address book

Fri Nov 14 08:27:24 UTC 2008

> Hello
>
> we are in progress of update Turba 2.0.5 to 2.3. All the tables have
> been extended to the new schema and it basically works. What we have
> trouble with is the following
>
> We have more then one source with different tables and must stick
> with it because some other application using the same database has
> no idea about the e-mail users.
> Therefore i have set all sources to "use_shares=false" and set
> permissions with the "admin" user for all sources. This does not
> work (no listing possible) as long as i don't comment out "owner_id"
> for the sources in question.
> If i comment out the owner_id unfortunately no owner at all is set
> when adding new contacts.
>
> Is this expected behaviour or have i done something wrong?

I hate to speak with myself but beside some out-of-office replies i
get no answer so maybe the problem was not clear.

We have Horde 3.3, IMP 4.3, Ingo 1.2.1 and now want to use Turba 2.3
instead of 2.0.5. We must use 3 tables for our address books as some
other application using the addresses demand different tables for
access rights.
To not mix up anything we want to start with "use_shares=false" for
all sources and set the permissions in the Horde permissions interface
as the attributes "public" are gone in the new version. With this
normal users can not list anything out of the address books as long as
they are not the owner of the address entry or the "owner" attribute
is commented out for the source in question.

Is this a bug or a feature?

If i comment out the "owner_id" the users can list & search the
address book, but no owner is set if i add an entry.

Again bug or feature?

Thanxs for any help

Andreas

--