[turba] contact category synchronization problem

Iakovos Mavroidis iakovosmavro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:07:04 UTC 2008

Hello,

I use outlook 2007, funambol 7.0.7 and horde-webmail-1.2 on CentOS  5. I
have configured turba sources file with a public ldap database. I need to
synchronize my outlook contacts with turba. My problem is that when the
category of an outlook contact is sent to turba only its first letter is
written in the ldap database. For example, if the category of a new outlook
contact is "marketing", the category in turba will be "m" after the
synchronization . All the rest fields (name, company, title...) of the
contact are synchronized fine. I tried to use the default mysql database and
the same problem happened. This is not the case when a Turba contact is sent
to the outlook (the whole category name appears in outlook). Also the
categories in calendar work ok. Has anybody else come accross this problem ?
Does this work for you ?

Any feedback is very much appreciated. We really need to have this feature
fixed in our company.

Thanks in advanced,
Iakovos