[turba] integrate with IMP search/virtual folders?

Timothy Cahill tcahill at geniehomemagic.com
Sat Aug 22 22:04:22 UTC 2009

I've looked through the FAQ and Turba's web page and the wiki, so
please forgive me if I've posted this feature request to the wrong
venue.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't have any idea of how much work I
might be proposing.

I send a lot of reply-to-all messages (I'm coordinating a
Neighbourhood emergency program on an Island with about 10,000 people
on it). Most times, my replies are to people who I have not yet met or
dealt with.

So when I return to my Turba Address book, I'm always confronted with
a 'horde' of new, un-annotated addresses. I like to enter the
addressee's neighbourhood name in Turba's 'Company' field, so I have a
quick bit of context for each entry as my address book grows. It will
probable have thousands of entries before I'm all done.

So what I tend to do is copy each unrecognized address into IMP's
email search feature to review which emails that address was used
with. At that time, I'll note which neighbourhood or issue was at
hand, and make the appropriate changes to the address book entry.
Doing this manually is very labour intensive. I'm dreading having to
do that several thousand times.

It would be 'really swell' if there was a icon in the main address
view beside each address entry that would copy the relevant email
address, invoke IMP search feature and paste the clipboard, then
display the results below a dialog for editing the address entry.

--
Timothy S. Cahill
SSI Neighbourhood POD coordinator

301 Fulford-Ganges Rd