[turba] how to simplify my turba upgrade process

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Sep 1 16:11:47 UTC 2009

Quoting "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:

> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>
>> Can you point me to where in the docs referring to turba_objects is
>> misleading you?
>
>   ok, it's possible i was confusing myself between two of the upgrade
> scripts.  i think we can both agree that, if there was an upgrade
> script somewhere in turba/scripts/upgrades whose invocation upgraded
> *only* the "turba_objects" table with no option to upgrade *other*
> tables that represented addressbooks, and the accompanying
> documentation *also* didn't make it clear that you should run that
> script on all of your other addressbook tables, that would be somewhat
> misleading.

No. You're still not understanding what I'm saying.  The reason the
scripts refer to the table by name is because that table is the only
table created by Turba. It's an example, or even a suggested schema,
not a required schema. If the admin creates his own custom tables,
then there is no reason to even run these scripts.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)