[turba] Potential addressbooks shares issue

tom burkart turba at aussec.com
Fri Apr 23 04:25:19 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting tom burkart <turba at aussec.com>:
>> What is happening on the older one is that every time a user
>> creates a new entry in their sddress book, an entry gets created in
>> the turba_shares table.  So after a while the person ends up with a
>> lot of "<full name>'s Address Book" to the extent that they cannot
>> find the other address books they have access to...  This one was
>> upgraded from 1.0.6 to 1.2.3 to 1.2.5.
>> Is there a way to correct this problem?  What type of information
>> do I need to provide to help in troubleshooting/fixing this issue?
> Does the new address book get created just when they add a new
> entry, or everytime they log in?  Also, check the turba_shares table
> and see
It appears that it gets created when they add a new entry.

> what the share_owner entries are for each extra address book.
turba_shares (share_id, share_name, share_owner, share_flags,
perm_creator, perm_default, perm_guest, attribute_name,
attribute_desc, attribute_params)
353     b5b39148bb1a9bdbd8fbaded8c28f316        <user>@<domain> 0
  0       0       0       <users full name>'s Address Book      \N

a:3:{s:6:"source";s:7:"objects";s:7:"default";b:1;s:4:"name";s:23:"<user>@<domain>";}
355     e15b3e59fbc94a3e8844886eab2d0d7e        <user>@<domain> 0
  0       0       0       <users full name>'s Address Book      \N

a:3:{s:6:"source";s:7:"objects";s:7:"default";b:1;s:4:"name";s:23:"<user>@<domain>";}

And many more of the same but with different share_name for each.
Yes, we have realms set.

An entry that works...:
  0       0       <user>@<domain>'s Address Book \N
a:3:{s:6:"source";s:7:"objects";s:4:"name";s:24:"<user>@<domain>";s:7:"default";b:1;}

Does that mean I "just" have to change share_flags to 1 and
perm_creator to 30 on one of the entries and delete the others?

tom