[turba] Invalid address book: after upgrading

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Sep 3 19:42:22 UTC 2010

Quoting jogi at mur.at:

> Hi Mike et al,
>
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 01:34:54PM -0400, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>
>> That string is a share id. It's how each individual address book is
>> represented when the source has shares enabled.
>
> so maybe I just disable it?  Don't recall ever enabling shares though
> ...  A side note:  when I redo the listing of search results or indexes
> on an address book, the source=STRING is always differnt.  So I really
> have a hard time understanding how this behaviour is ever getting a
> clean result ...

It's not, that's the problem ;(

It sounds like the share system either isn't set up properly,  or the
upgrade failed in some way. The id changes each time because it's not
able to find the user's share, so it keeps creating a new one.  If you
don't want to enable shares (i.e., not let user's set permissions on
their own address books so others can view it, nor let them create new
address books), the changes the use_shares setting to false in
sources.php.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein