[turba] Updating the Turba Schema

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Wed Sep 15 16:15:36 UTC 2010

Thanks.  In the end I decided to hide the newly created object_homeEmail and just going with the added workEmail.  Synch is just a mess for now, but I'm going to focus on fixing that elsewhere..

One more question on this topic - what happens when a new Turba is released?  Will I have to make the same changes to the new sources/attributes.php?  I ask, because this could get messy over time.

For example, it occurs to me that a common address format (as much vcard pretends to be) needs updating.  There's no space for IM contact addresses for example.  Now it would be possible for me to add these (to Horde) as a customisation.  Even to the extent that I could have - in the case of skype/gchat - a link that would directly fire up Skype/Talk (thanks to the browser's protocol handler).  But I'm not alone - and having thousands of people make the same customisations seems messy.  I would like to request that in a new version of Turba we review and possibly add a bunch of global attributes.

Finally, while we're on feature requests - I've searched and I see no option for this.  I would like when clicking on browsing my address book to see more than just the entries under A.  The alphabet links are for sure useful.  But with a screen resolution of 1900, the extra click that I need in order to see b, c or d entries is just annoyance.  Under display options I have:

View to display by default:
Address Book Listing
20  Maximum number of pages
100 Number of items per page