[turba] Updating the Turba Schema

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Wed Sep 15 17:35:33 UTC 2010

Actually, I was thinking more of the labour or actually checking/merging sources.php (which is where most of the changes should be).  As a matter of fact - and this validates your point - the changes I made to attributes.php were unnecessary.  The SyncML section already contained declaration for homeEmail and workEmail.  I think have a broken, or outdated sources.php (even though Horde says my version is up-to-date (2.3.4).  I don't want to try and work out how to fix this - is there a new version coming soon?

> > For example, it occurs to me that a common address format (as much
> > vcard pretends to be) needs updating.  There's no space for IM
> contact
> > addresses for example.  Now it would be possible for me to add
> these
> > (to Horde) as a customisation.  Even to the extent that I could
> have -
> > in the case of skype/gchat - a link that would directly fire up
> > Skype/Talk (thanks to the browser's protocol handler).  But I'm not
> > alone - and having thousands of people make the same customisations
> > seems messy.  I would like to request that in a new version of
> Turba
> > we review and possibly add a bunch of global attributes.
>
> Again, doing this isn't really a customization, it's configuration.
> attributes.php already contains a number of phone/video fields. If
> there is a field missing from attributes.php that you feel is a
> standard, common field, feel free to add an enhancement request to
> bugs.horde.org.

Yup - see above.  That was actually pretty amazing.  But only about 20% are in my sources.php or for that matter in my DB.

> Having support for these fields in incoming vCards, though, does
> probably need work.  If you have a standard vCard field that is not
> being parsed on import, again, please create an enhancement request
> for this.

I'm not knowledgeable enough - but a quick read of the vcard specifications would indicate to me that they need to fix that first.  It seems woefully random and underspec'ed.

> > Finally, while we're on feature requests - I've searched and I see
> no
> > option for this.  I would like when clicking on browsing my address
> > book to see more than just the entries under A.  The alphabet links
> > are for sure useful.  But with a screen resolution of 1900, the
> extra
> > click that I need in order to see b, c or d entries is just
> annoyance.
>
> You need to increase the maximum number of items per page to be
> larger than your total number of contacts. If you have done this, and
> it is not working for you, please file a bug report.  FWIW, I just
> tested this in current git master code and it works as expected.

Well, given all my other issues, I'll just wait for a new version.  I, personally (can't validate for my users), have 92 contacts.  I set the page limit to a 100.  But I think maybe I wasn't clear..  When I click on Browse, it loads up all the A's.  I would like it to default to loading All (and respecting those limits per page and page limits specified).  And *then* if I want to use the alphabet hyperlinks to narrow my selection I can do so.

I love Horde - FWIW - :)

Simon