[turba] Last name prefixes

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Thu Sep 23 12:27:37 UTC 2010

> This is probably going to complicate the name building even more.

This was not something I had considered, but I can imagine that would
be correct.

> Beside that, there is no counterpart in any address book software or
> contact data format I know, that uses separate name parts for those.

That's a lame excuse. Just because other address books don't support
this format doesn't mean that Turba shouldn't. There's nothing wrong
with being "Euro-friendly" in this respect.

> We don't sort those names differently than other in Germany either.
> So I see how this could be useful for some, but I'm not sure if it's
> worth the hassle, and if wouldn't maybe cause more problems than it
> solves.

Well, I'll bet that it would appear innovative!

Thanks for your explanation.

Cheers,

Jaap