[turba] Two Whitespaces between Name and Surname in FN field

toni at dingsbums.org toni at dingsbums.org
Thu Nov 4 08:53:15 UTC 2010

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von toni at dingsbums.org:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> after patching from Horde Webmail 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 I recognized, that
>> exporting from turba results in two whitespaces between name and
>> surname in all FN-fields. Server is Debian etch, php5.2.0,
>> apache2.2.3. Any help is very appreciated!
>
> This has been that way for longer than 1.2.7, I'm pretty sure.
> Actually these spaces are anywhere you see the full name, you just
> don't see them in most web interfaces. The reason is that the name
> is composited from different name parts. If a part is missing, you
> have two consecutive spaces. See the 'format' entries in
> turba/config/sources.php.
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan,

thanks for the explanation! Would be nice, if turba would replace the
two whitespaces caused by missing values with a single one though,
because unfortunately e.g. Synthesis client for Android syncs the two
whitespaces to my phone adress book. What Turba apparently already
does is triming the FN string cause the empty fields 'namePrefix' and
'nameSuffix' do not result in whitespaces at the beginning or end of
the FN string.

For the present I changed the format in turba/config/sources.php and
it works for me.

Best Regards, Toni.