[turba] Turba H4 (3.0) (final)

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Wed Apr 6 00:15:11 UTC 2011

> From: turba-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:turba-
> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Jan Schneider
> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the Turba
> Contact Manager version H4 (3.0).
>
> Turba is the Horde contact management application. Leveraging the
> Horde framework to provide seamless integration with IMP and other
> Horde applications, it supports storing contacts in SQL, LDAP, Kolab,
> and IMSP address books.
>
> To install Turba, you need to install Horde first. See
> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/horde/docs/INSTALL for
> details. Once Horde is installed, you can install Turba with the
> following command:
>
>    pear install horde/turba
>
> Then log in to Horde with your adminstrator account to configure the
> application and install the database schema from the configuration
> interface.
>
> The major changes compared to the Turba version H4 (3.0-RC2) are:
>
>      * Many small bugfixes and improvements.
>
> The major changes compared to the Turba version H3 (2.3) are:
>
>      * Updated for Horde 4.
>      * Duplicates searching and merging.
>
> The full list of changes can be viewed here:
>
> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/b2514fb99f2e0e389d70ab0ff12d0995a
> 9c5845e/turba/docs/CHANGES

Thanks Jan.

Stupid question, but is the RC installation now foobar?  When I go to the configuration panel, and ask it to check for newer versions, it tells me there are none.  I'm presuming this is because these are stable versions and I only have beta/RC versions installed.  Will pear upgrade -c horde work, or should I dump the previous installation and start afresh?

(applies to Horde, imp et al).

Thanks.

Simon