[turba] Phone Objects

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Sep 10 16:02:12 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> Hi
>
> Importing some contacts from Outlook causes contacts with (usually
> work numbers) to be uneditible if the number is, for example,
> "+1234567983 ext 4557"
>
> I've checked in the DB and the field is a VARCHAR 25 - so I'm at a
> loss to understand why it doesn't like that format.

Telephone numbers should not contain alpha characters. Your example
should be written as:

+11234567983 4557

> Also, why is lastname a required field?  I have to change it every
> time (although hopefully having it in attributes.local.php will
> resolve that.  Still, I have to change it for each new installation.

I don't remember exactly why this was done, but IIRC (and somebody
please correct me if I'm wrong) it has to do with the fact the *some*
name field needs to be required in order for the composite name field
and name parsing routines to work correctly. Of course, the entries in
backends.php are just suggested/example configurations. You are free
to change them if you have found another configuration that works
correctly for you also.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)