[turba] turba, ldap and activesync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jan 31 15:15:43 UTC 2012

Quoting Hanns Mattes <hanns at hannsmattes.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I've configured turba with a ldap-addressbook for the users to store
> their contacts, which is working fine. I've used the example from
> backends.php.
>
> After synching the contacts with a Galaxy Nexus I see, that only parts
> of the contact-data are transmitted, some address-data, the first name
> etc. is missing. For a test, I've activated a locals sql-addressbook,
> which synced perfectly.
>
> I think, I have to modify/extend the ldap-Entry in backends.local.php.
> Any advice (or a working example) appreciated.

ActiveSync requires distinct fields for the name parts. Your ldap is
probably only providing the 'name' attribute - which is mapped to the
'fileas' attribute in ActiveSync. Same issue for addresses, you might
be providing only a single address field - which ActiveSync doesn't
parse.

Looks like we might need to add some best-guess parsing in these
cases, similar to what we do with vCards exported from Turba.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org