[turba] No alphabetical categorisation for certain ldap backends

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Thu Mar 29 13:14:15 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I have a number of ldap sources configured and currently working with a
minor problem. Some of my addressbooks are missing the alphabetical
listing feature that the other addressbooks have when you select them.
I'm talking about the bar at top of the listing which is like "(All) A B
C ....". When I select such an addressbook I don't see the bar at all
and I get a complete listing of the contents of the addressbook. What
might be the factors in the ldap configuration that is causing this?

I have two addressbooks from a ldap server pointing at different roots
and while one of them exhibit the problem, the other one doesn't.

When I change the root of the problematic addressbook to point the same
root as the working one, I get the alphabet bar. This must be something
with the ldap configuration, but I have no clues where to start...

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.