[turba] Readonly flag

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Wed Sep 12 07:00:41 UTC 2012

On 09/11/2012 06:54 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Claude Tompers <claude.tompers at restena.lu>:

>>> Do you have any other sources defined? In either backends.local.php or
>>> backends.php?
>> Only the standard 'localsql' Horde Addressbook.
>
> Well, then it's very likely that this is the source that the write is
> being attempted to, and your database's 'horde' user does not have
> INSERT permissions granted. You'll have to get the exact SQL statement
> being performed to be sure.
I'm sorry, I don't know if I made the setup very clear. There are in
fact 2 sources :

1) localsql for users personal addressbooks, where they can read and write
2) restena, containing all our users, but this is readonly.

The mysql user performing queries on the restena addressbook has only
select rights and should not need more as the addressbook is readonly
anyway.

Now one of our users selected restena addressbook as standard to add
contact via IMP. That's where he's got the error message containing the
query.

From a gui point of view, in my opinion, readonly addressbooks shouldn't
even be in a users list of addressbooks to add contacts to.

regards,
Claude

--
Claude Tompers