[turba] turba Digest, Vol 1634, Issue 1

Pierre adelium904 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:56:27 UTC 2013

Hi,
To synchronize my linux computers, I use syncevolution (the last stable
release)
To synchronize my phone, I use funambol application.
In those applications, "other email, address and phone" are implemented.

With syncevolution and funambol, "other email" field goes to email,
"other fax" field goes to fax.
in sync evolution and funmbol, the "other address" fields goes nowhere
and are lost, and "other phone" field as well. IM address are not sync
at all.
So in a way, why does it work for "other email" and "other fax" and not
for "other address" and "other phone"?
By the way, the only attribute I made up was "other phone". "other
address" fields are already defined in the default file attribute.

Where can I find some information about the protocol that horde uses?

thanks...

Zitat von Pierre <adelium904 at gmail.com>:

> Sorry, Still me with my issue.
>
> Here is were I am now:
>
> I configured Turba to be able to deal with "other (email, phone,
> fax, address, etc...)".
> To do that, I modified the "backends.php" and the "attributes.php"
> files. They are now called
> "backends.local.php" and "attributes.local.php". This, to keep the
> original files.
>
> I see all the fields on horde website, I can add content to the
> fields and search within those one too, which is good and ok for me.
>
> The only thing is that I still can not sync "other (email, phone,
> fax, address, etc...)".
> To be more specific:
> "other email" from my client goes to "email" in horde. I would like
> it to go to "other Email", Is it possible?
> "other Phone", "other Fax" are not synced? is it possible to sync it?

Only known fields from attributes.php are synched. You cannot make up
your own attributes and have them magically synchronized.

> In location, the "other address" fields are not synced. same here?
> "IM addresses" and "assistant phone" are not synced. It is not a big
> deal but it would be better to be able to sync it.

Not all fields/attributes are synchronized. Only fields supported by
the device and/or known by the synchronization protocol (you didn't
even mention how you synchronize) can by synched.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project