[turba] Horde as private sync server. contact syncing problems :(

Matthias R.H. Bitterlich m.bitterlich at t-e-m.de
Wed Feb 13 09:37:53 UTC 2013

someone schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup Horde my sync server to sync my thunderbird and my
> android phone with and later open it for my family and friends.
>
> Generally it works pretty well with Horde 5.0.2 - awesome work dudes and
> dudettes!
>
> Thunderbird calendar works like a charm: multiple calendars: no problem.
> Thunderbird contacts ... well not.
> The Thunderbird folks seem to fail on syncing to anything but google...
>
> Is there a way to export/import Turba addressbooks to .vcf (and others),
> like kronolith has this "Subscription URL" that exports the selected
> calendar to .ics and is bi-directional?
>
> Is there a way to get a .mab bidirectional addressbook url?
> (That would be an awesome feature, as not only I am looking to sync
> thunderbird address books)
I sync thunderbird via SyncML, onve there was an add-on from funambol
forge, but development has come to a halt.
There's guy who took the source code and tried to maintain it until
funambol comes back to live.
He provides builds for recent TB.
https://maurus.net/resources/funambol/

Give it a try.

There should also be some clients for android.

> And another question for the android device.
> Synchronisation works only with ActiveSync, but with that nearly flawlessly.
> Again it syncs the calendars perfectly.
>
> But again it has a problem with contacts:
> The birthday wont get synchronised at all.
> And it seems that only the first eMail-Address is synchronised and all
> others are silently discarded.
> Therefore if i rename a contact via webinterface I loose all the email
> addresses associated with that contact except the first one.
>
> Actually I cant seem to find multiple eMail-address fields in Turba at all.
> I found some Tickets from 2007 where multiple email addresses were
> mentioned and wonder what the state that feature is in?
There might not be a field in the database, but you can tweak the
backends.local.php and add a mapping like:
'map' => array(
	'homeEmail' => 'pager'
);

or to any of those seamingly useless fields

Though some people (like me) might have dozens of email addresses, I
don't see the need to make a rule out of it and bloat turba.

> There are tons of imho never used fields (pager, I am looking at you),
> even multiple IM-Address fields, but just a single eMailaddress which is
> kinda lame.
>
> Is there a way to get multiple email-address fields into turba and
> synchronisation without being a php pro?
> Or is there hope, you guys will make multiple email address fields?
>
> I mean there is Fax and a Work Fax field, why not simply add Work eMail
> and Home eMail, giving 3 eMail fields in total.
>
> Sorry for crossposting, I am not sure where to post this questions to as
> they somehow concern both lists.
>
> lg
> Someone
> --