[turba] Create group to share address book

klerigon klerigon at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:55:03 UTC 2013

Hello

I am new to horde, I have just downloaded and installed latest versions
available for debian and now I am trying to understand the way it works
and how to configure everything. I am stuck on something it seems very
basic to me but I cannot find any reference on google nor horde docs, I
hope someone could give me a hint about a solution.

My horde installation is configured to authenticate through imp, using
an existing ldap. I authenticate OK, I can use imp, turba and other
modules but I want to share my address book to a custom group of users I
can't find a way to do it.

Currently I can share my address book with all authenticated users
setting appropiate permissions, same with sharing my address book to
groups defined by administrator but as a user (no administrator) I
cannot find where to define my own groups to share on the run to whoever
I choose.

Logging in as administrator, there is a groups configuration option, and
if I create a group there and add my user as a member, I can do it, but
I want any user to create his own groups and add his own members. Is
that not possible in horde? Maybe the problem is that I need to enable
some special permission somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Klerigo