[turba] Carddav and OS X contacts

Tim Schneider tim.schneider at portabile.net
Sat Sep 21 21:42:26 UTC 2013

Has anyone ever gotten this to work?

All I get is a CoreDAVHTTPStatusErrorDomain 500 from Contacts 7.1 on OS X 10.8.4,
trying to sync with a Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.1 and Turba 4.1.2
on a Debian Wheezy 7.1 server.

Using the server web interface, everything works just fine.

The Mac Contacts app adds my account, where I use my full email address,
since I have configured to let Imp handle the login for Horde.
For the server name, I tried several variants of the links given in turba, including
https://domain/rpc.php/principals/emailaddress
and
https://domain/rpc.php/principals/ or
https://domain/rpc.php/addressbooks/emailaddress/contacts:somehash/

All results in the same behavior: The account is accepted, but creating a new contact
gives the CoreDAVHTTPStatusErrorDomain 500 error.
Also, a contact present on the server (which can be handled just fine in the web interface,
is not downloaded to the Mac Contacts client.