[turba] Migrating Turba contacts and groups between H4 and H5

Andreas Rieger andreas.rieger at zew.uni-hannover.de
Sun Nov 10 12:15:15 UTC 2013

 <lst_hoe02 <at> kwsoft.de> writes:

> Zitat von Andreas Rieger <andreas.rieger <at> zew.uni-hannover.de>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > we are currently in the process of migrating users between a Horde 4 and a
> > Horde 5 Installation.
> >
> > One stumbling block is the migration of address books:
> >
> > As far as i can see there is no easy option to export groups
> > (Verteilerlisten) and their corresponding members. Using the web interface
> > group memberships are lost.
> >
> > Would it be an option to simply copy the relevant rows from the
> > turba_objects table between installations (adjusting the owner_id) but
> > keeping the object_ids? Or do i have to recreate the contacts so they get
> > new, unique IDs?
> >
> > Has anyone done this before?
> > Do I miss obvious easier options?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andreas
>
> We do this kind of migrtion by copy the whole Horde database, do the
> upgrade as described and let the horde-db-migrate tool do its work.
> You have to evaluate your config for missing obsolete features though.
> With this your groups should be unaltered, but be aware that we have
> not tested this as we don't use contact groups at all.
>
> Regards
>
> Andreas

Hey Andreas,

I am not sure your proposed solution will work as both versions are already
used (by different users).

So the problem is not about upgrading an old installation from H4 to H5 but
to move/copy some users (the adressbooks of some users) between running H4
and H5 instances.

Greetings,
Andreas