[turba] lost global address book on schema update

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:15:39 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I just updated my db schemas for all the applications I updated a couple of
weeks ago. Upon this, many things stopped working. I needed to introduce a
bunch of new permissions to get most applications going again.

However, I still have serious trouble with Turba. The global address book
does not show up anymore, for any user. I can see that the data is still in
the mySQL database but access from Horde is off.

I am using a configuration where everybody is working on a global
addressbook (living in the local mySQL database). Private databases are
disabled by setting use_shares in backends.local.php to false. I enclose
the backends.local.php file for reference.

I rarely touch the horde configuration so I may be overlooking something
very basic or very stupid. Any help is much appreciated!

Kind regards

  Sebastian