[turba] Horde groups not working in turba for shared address book

Carsten horde-groupware at familie-lahme.de
Thu Mar 15 21:56:47 UTC 2018

Am 15.03.2018 um 22:53 schrieb Aria Bamdad:
>  Quoting Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the latest version of Horde Groupware installed.  I have defined
>> Horde groups via Administration -> Groups.  When I select 'Change
>> Permissions' for an address book so that I can share it with a group,
>> under
>> the Groups section of the Edit Permissions screen, the drop down box has
>> nothing in it. The box just says 'Select a group to add:'.
>>
>> Similar process works just fine for sharing calendars.  There I see
>> all the
>> defined Horde groups.  Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my
>> logic.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Aria
>>
>> --
>

> It appears the only way I can get the groups to show in the drop down
> list is to ensure that the user is a member of the group. The only
> groups that show are those the user is a member of.
>
>  This is not the way calendar sharing works.  There, you don't have to
> be a member of a group in order to grant that group access to a calendar.
>
> Aria

hi,
I got a similar issue, vice versa: mine is showing all groups, but i
only want related ;-)
There is an option in the settings of the horde module on the "shares" part:
"...
$conf[share][any_group]
If you enable this option, users will be able to share their resources
with any group, regardless of whether or not they are a member. If you
disable it, users will only be able to share their resources with groups
they are members of.
.."

have a look, if it works for You.

br