[whups] Status of whups

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:49:04 -0500

Quoting Ben Curtis <bcurtis@bencurtis.com>:

> I watch this list because I'm (slowly) working on my own bug tracker
> (www.sourceforge.net/projects/phpbt) that arose out of my frustrations using
> bugzilla.  Of course, there are other php-based bug tracking packages out
> there as well (mantis at www.sourceforge.net/projects/mantisbt being one)
> that are attacking the same problem with the same tools.  Would there be a
> benefit (if it's possible) from combining the efforts of these projects?  It
> just seems to me that there is a potential for duplicated/wasted effort, and
> I would personally prefer one great tool than a few that are fair to
> middling.  Ah well, just thinking out loud and interested in your thoughts as
> well.

Well, working together is good if the people working together have a common
goal. =) From my perspective, we want something that will use Horde
authentication, preferences, and the rest of our services, and more
importantly, tie into our other tools like Chora. So that kind of means staying
within Horde. But if there are people that can live with those goals and want
to collaborate on the bugs part of it, I'd love to hear from you. =)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist