[whups] User authentication

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:42:24 -0500 (CDT)

[Apologies that I'm so far behind on Horde mail; I've been meaning to
respond to this.]

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Robert E. Coyle <robertecoyle@hotmail.com> wrote:

> These are the requirements for a public ticket tracking system:

They look really good, and similar to what I'd expect.  A few comments:

>  + You can browse all public tickets without logging in. (Do we want
>    to provide for having certain tickets private?

I know the Red Hat Bugzilla system allows for this; bugs have a "Product"
(which seems to be the coarsest-grained division), and each bug has a
check box "only members of Foo product can see this bug".  Users can be
added to products as necessary.

The name "product" isn't real helpful ("ticket module" is the Whups
equivalent?), but I do think the privacy notion is useful, even if it were
coarse-grained to begin with.

>    as in new users can
>    only add tickets in any 'unconfirmed' state, but certain users
>    will want to be able to add tickets directly into a 'new' state.

Ah!  That would be useful.

>    Maybe there could be an all-
>    powerful manager group that can do anything to any ticket.

I do think that would be useful as well.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN