[whups] new to whups

Gary Weinreb gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com
Mon Oct 28 19:43:58 2002

At 09:29 AM 10/28/2002 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:

>Interesting idea.  Two thoughts come to mind.  Of limited value to
>most modules, but very interesting to modules like whups that can perform
>multiple duties.  Basically copy the "themes" functionality into the locale
>world.
>
>Create multiple folders under /po/, one for each "function."  So we
>might have /po/bugs/ and /po/projects/ for example.  Set a preference or
>configuration item that says which we want (bugs or projects).  Test this
>in common-header or whatever, and set the locale up to use the correct one.
>This can be done very similar to themes -- no setting uses /po/, a setting
>of "bugs" uses /po/bugs/, etc.  I'm thinking that we would want it as a
>config item though, and not a preference, as that is more logical in most
>cases.

Great!  This sounds like a simple solution (usually the best kind...<g>).

Would this work for a situation where a user manages "Projects" and "Bugs",
i.e. uses the Whups framework to work with different contexts of data
structured the "whups way", say with a Module-level (in whups parlance)
setting which tells whups that one Module is in the "Bug" context and
displays a "Bug" interface, but another Module is a "Project" and displays
a "Project" interface, or is this just unreasonable.

The thing is, certainly, there are folks who manage Projects, Bugs, and
People, and could benefit from using the whups framework across a number of
contexts...

-Gary