[whups] Only Admin can create or edit tickets...

Bill Hilburn bhilburn at frontier.net
Mon Jan 6 12:01:15 PST 2003

> Quoting Bill Hilburn <bhilburn at frontier.net>:
>
> > I logged in to Horde as admin, created users, groups and permissions.
> > (real local users, groups (as departments i.e. Accounting, Sales...) and
> > assigned permissions to these groups.
>
> Again, *what do you mean by* "assigned permissions to these groups". You
> need to give these groups permissions to the modules in Whups - which you
> do
> from the screen below:
>
> > Also in whups admin if you click on 'Edit Module' and at the bottom click
> > on Module Permissions it take you to what looks like the same
> > Horde->Admin-> Permissions screen
>
> Yes. That is where you need to assign permissions.

I had a thought...

I created a moudule named 'Network' then assigned individual users
('Bill', 'Eric' & 'Chris') as 'responsible for this module' then assigned
these three to the 'Network' group and gave the 'group' permissions (show,
edit etc...) thinking that the group permissions would sufice, I did not set
permissions for these three users directly.

Now would it make a difference if I set the 'group' responsible for this
module instead of these three users?  Considering logically that I gave the
group permissions not the individual users (I assumed the group permissions
would apply to the users).

Now to answer your question above...

Sorry Chuck, I don't have the latest install here, It's on a test box at our
other office so the link verbage may not be exact...

Login to horde as admin, Bugs -> Administration -> Edit Module, Select
the 'Accounting' module from the list, click Edit button then click link at
bottom "Edit Permissions for this module".

On the permissions page I select a group the select Show, Edit, ... (all but
deny & delete) from the check boxes accross from the Group combobox then click
Save Permissions

This page comes back up with the group listed and the permissions set that I
selected so it all appears to be working...

I think I'm doing it correctly, sounds like you and I are talking about the
same screen but If I create a module named Support, assign
Types/Priorities/Subjects etc... Then Add a user (horde administration)
named 'Bill' and a group named 'Support', add 'Bill' the the Support group
then give the Support group Show, Edit, ... permissions

> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
> "Block Island Ferry - Fastest Route to Downtown"

Bill Hilburn
NOC Frontier Internet