[whups] MyBugs and Summary don't work, too

Christoph Schindler e9525429 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 4 10:25:46 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:22:04PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Christoph Schindler <e9525429 at student.tuwien.ac.at>:
>
> > Ahm... thing is: i did not upgrade, I made a fresh install of whups, so
> > where should i migrate from?
>
> Okay, you need to mention things like that. When you say your problem was
> similar to another, and don't say how it's really different, we can't help you.

Yeah, sorry. It was really late that day.

> You need to look in your db logs to see what's going wrong.

Postgres is not at all helpful :( I have cranked up debugging to the
max, but all I get is pure silence... Probably my fault as well .)

> > Neither the whups.sql nor the migration script works with postgres, of
> > course
>
> Of course? Why of course?

Because whoever wrote it used some MySQL specialties and shortcuts??
Look at the patches and you'll see why. I'm not aware of a compatibility
mode of postgres, but than again I'm a big loser when it comes to
dbases.

> > Maybe i have made a mistake in the selfmade conf.php (since i cannot
> > create one via the administrator interface, of course)?
>
> What's with all of the "of course" statements?

In this case it is because the conf.xml only lets you chose between
"MySQL" and, well.. "MySQL". Pretty obvious, if you ask me and thus: of
course.

> -chuck

Sorry to annoy you.
hop

--
pathological-techno-fetishist-with-social-deficit