[whups] Re: [hermes] Making clients

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jul 18 09:03:58 PDT 2003

Quoting Bo Daley <bo at tilda.com.au>:

> I just tried using the old links to see how they react to this change. At
> present they don't interfere with the new links as they use different keys
> (tickets use 'ticket_id', and modules use 'module_id' so they stay out of
> each other's way ).

Okay...

> I think the ticket links will continue to have a role now that the module
> links are here because they will allow us to allocate a ticket to a client
> when a module has multiple clients, but they will be more closely tied into
> the Whups UI instead of being placed down at the bottom of the page.

Agreed.

> But in the longer term the Links API probably needs to be upgraded to support
> applications that provide more than one type of object. I'll take a look at
> this soon... (if no one else gets in first)

Cool. But how is this different from what you describe in the first paragraph?
Would there only be problems with using the same key name, and shouldn't the
key name always be different for different objects? Slightly confused...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
They're just looking at a wall of meat.