[whups] recording time taken in Whups

Bo Daley bo at tilda.com.au
Tue Dec 9 16:30:14 PST 2003

great thanks -- I knew people here would be able to point me in the right
direction.

Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:

> My thinking was to eventually look at whups and the Horde_History::
> stuff and see if there wasn't some consolodation which couldn't be done.
> If we could get the same API for history on whups tickets, then we could
> add history hooks so that apps can implement additional history fields.

Yep I agree that as a first step the Whups log should be migrated across to
Horde_History where it can be extended more easily (using the category
attributes stuff). Maybe I'll have a go at that and later I'll ask you more
about how you were thinking

> Hermes would be able to add `number of hours', whups would be able to
> add a `ticket number', etc.  Other possible uses would be for resource
> allocation (as in using the projector in room 307 sort of thing...)

OK -- I'm not entirely sure how Whups and Hermes could both contribute to the
same ticket history item, but maybe I can defer worrying about that until the
Horde_History stuff is working.

> I keep track of time on tickets manually now, but sometimes I get a
> five-minute support call and I just want to tack the time onto the
> contact record or something.

yes I think there needs to be a way to fast-track the ticket creation process so
you can just create a ticket for a client and close it straight away without
having to go through the current (at least) 3-step process. That would cover
the quick 5-minute support calls that currently aren't worth recording in
Whups.

Ultimately I'm thinking there could be lots of time reporting that could happen
for modules, tickets, clients, users etc etc. showing stuff like how much time
was spent on a ticket (including a breakdown of who worked on the ticket), how
much time was spent on all the tickets for a particular client etc. etc. And
this kind of thing is only going to be useful if people actually put tickets
into Whups (my experience is that a lot of smaller support call type tasks
never make it in there).

bo.