Fwd: Re: [whups] Possible change - numeric priorities?

Bo Daley bo at tilda.com.au
Fri Apr 9 13:54:37 PDT 2004

Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:

> I use nag and whups extensively, and I've been thinking about "The
> Prioritizing
> Problem."  First, I'm a firm believer in "One True Task List" with consistent
> prioritizing method.  Otherwise I do a mental flip-flop between nag and whups
> and what I have written down on paper and what's written on my calendar at
> home, and I can't be sure that I'm working on the most important item.

Do you think that perhaps what's required first is to bring nag and
whups closer
together, maybe even merging them into a single app? ie. really create
a single
task list rather than only creating a single set of 'priorities' or 'priority
areas'. I often find myself wondering whether something I have on my list is a
'task' or a 'ticket'.

> prioritization.  Either
> the system or the user has several different "priority areas".  In my case,
> they would be "marketing," "programming," and "administrative."
> These have to
> be kept in balance.  If I focus only on programming efforts, I'll wake up one

yes I think this reflects the way I (should) do things too. It's
possible to get
most of the way towards this by having separate task lists/queues for each of
those areas, then having the ability to assign a priority value to a task
list/queue (as well as to individual items inside the task list/queue). The
system should then be able to prioritise tasks across multiple task lists by
some combination of the two sets of values. Maybe..?

bo.