[whups] formalizing SQL dependancy

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Tue Jun 22 08:18:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 11:11:21AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone out there has hopes for actually writing a
> non-SQL driver for Whups someday.

I don't think LDAP would be a reasonable deployment backend for
something like Whups, and that tends to be our primary non-SQL
implementation.

> If not, it might be worth it to just compress the SQL driver into a
> single Whups_Driver class, acknowledging that this will always be a
> database-dependent application, and gaining a slightly smaller
> codebass/class tree in return.

I think that's fine, as long as we stick to a database abstraction
layer.  For those sites that aren't interested in setting up a full
RDBMS, SQLite is a nice option.

--
Jon Parise (jon of horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)