[whups] Clients

Bo Daley bo at darkwork.net
Fri Oct 29 20:41:59 PDT 2004

this has been sitting in the inbox for a while now, but I thought I'd
bring the client/relationship stuff up again as I'm looking at it at the
moment.

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Jason M. Felice wrote:

> What if we had a master list of relationship types in whups (e.g.
> "Client", "Deliverable") and whether it appeared in a column, and each
> relationship type could be configured per-queue to
> be "Zero or more", "One or more", "Zero or one", or "Exactly one"?  That
> might be unclear, so here's a little diagram:
>
>   +----------------------------+    +---------------------------------+
>   | whups_relationship_types   |    | whups_queue_relationship_rules  |
>   +----------------------------+    +---------------------------------+
>   | type_id integer not null   |<-+ | rule_id integer not null        |
>   | type_name varchar(255)     |  | | queue_id integer not null       |
>   | type_incolumn bool         |  +-| type_id integer not null        |
>   +----------------------------+    | rule_minimum integer            |
>                                     | rule_maximum integer            |
> 				    | rule_objectfilter text?         |

I'm guessing the type_incolumn field indicates whether the link from the
ticket to an external object is contained in a column in the whups_tickets
table. How would we indicate which column contains the link? Would this
mean that a ticket wouldn't be able to link to more than one object?

bo.