[whups] using whups as troubleshooting database

Alexander Maier Alexander.S.Maier at gmx.de
Thu Dec 2 03:00:40 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm running complete horde HEAD at home for a long time now. I am very
impressed of all the capabilities of the modules. So I decided to use
some of the modules more efficiently. I want whups to behave as a
database for troubleshooting question'n'answer database. To get a
reasonable model I thought of using the attributes question and answer
(What else!?). The commentary field seems not to be the right place
because it is not a static field in the ticket.
But to write more specific answers in the ticket the attribut input
fields need to be multiline but I didn't find any option (I guess there
is none;). The second problem with attributes is a bigger deal: Changes
of single attributes will not be shown in the history. If someone
changes the attribute you never know what was it before.
I could patch whups by myself, but then I run into problems with HEAD
updates.

BTW some questions on whups:
As I saw at bugs.horde when creating a new ticket only the category NEW
will be displayed. In my setup everything but RESOLVED could be chosen.
Where can I change this?
And when are the users notified?
Is it possible to assign a ticket by default to someone who gets
notified then?

Thanks alot for advice,
Alex.