[whups] using whups as troubleshooting database

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 2 13:27:04 PST 2004

Quoting Alexander Maier <Alexander.S.Maier at gmx.de>:

> I'm running complete horde HEAD at home for a long time now. I am very
> impressed of all the capabilities of the modules. So I decided to use
> some of the modules more efficiently. I want whups to behave as a
> database for troubleshooting question'n'answer database. To get a
> reasonable model I thought of using the attributes question and answer
> (What else!?). The commentary field seems not to be the right place
> because it is not a static field in the ticket.
> But to write more specific answers in the ticket the attribut input
> fields need to be multiline but I didn't find any option (I guess there
> is none;). The second problem with attributes is a bigger deal: Changes
> of single attributes will not be shown in the history. If someone
> changes the attribute you never know what was it before.
> I could patch whups by myself, but then I run into problems with HEAD
> updates.

If you sent in patches to improve attribute handling (it needs it!) they'd be
gladly considered.

> BTW some questions on whups:
> As I saw at bugs.horde when creating a new ticket only the category NEW
> will be displayed. In my setup everything but RESOLVED could be chosen.
> Where can I change this?

You see the states you have permissions for. You only see new on
bugs.horde.org
because you're not allowed to assign tickets there. If you access your own
install as a guest you'll see the same thing.

> And when are the users notified?

... on updates? No real idea what you're asking here.

> Is it possible to assign a ticket by default to someone who gets
> notified then?

Not currently.

-chuck

Quincy Adams