[whups] Invert Queues and types to speed up whups.

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Jul 12 11:41:13 PDT 2005

I am seriously considering inverting Queues and types to speed up whups
and simplify queue configuration.  I am experimenting with 600 + queues
and 16 types.  My speed problem comes in when checking permissions
which I assume would be much faster with 16 queues and types wouldn't
come into play.  Also I will have to configure each of the 600 types
that I think should be faster than 600 queues.  I still have about 500
to go.

Basically, each queue is a customer and types are products or services.
  Does anyone see a trap that I'm not seeing?  In fact I was looking at
the horde ticket system and wonder why it wouldn't work with two queues
and 50 types?  Thanks for any suggestions or for pointing out caveats
that I'm missing.

ed