[whups] Can't view tickets after cvs update

Ronny Adsetts ronny.adsetts at amazinginternet.com
Sat Jul 16 05:42:50 PDT 2005

Chuck Hagenbuch said at 15/07/2005 23:31:
> Quoting Ronny Adsetts <ronny.adsetts at amazinginternet.com>:
>
>>For example, setting authenticated users to show/read/edit then
>>adding a group permission of show/read/edit/delete doesn't allow
>>members of that group to move tickets between queues. Nor can they
>>delete tickets.
>
> Changing queues should be available to all authenticated users. Can you
> be more specific than "does not allow"?

Clicking on 'Set Queue' as an authenticated user results in 'Permission Denied' unless you are listed as a Whups admin user.

> Deleting tickets is only enabled for users with the whups admin
> permission. You really shouldn't be deleting tickets in general usage;
> it goes against the point of how ticket systems work and provide an
> audit trail.

OK, well I know this and it makes sense. But, the privilege for 'delete' is there so I'd expect it to do what it says - if I created a group and assigned delete privs, I'd expect them to be able to delete. Just Principle of Least Astonishment.

This partly came from my assumption that moving a ticket to another queue would require delete privs. so it's somwhat irrelevant anyhow.

>>I've not had time to dig in to this yet but it's on course to become
>>an issue so I will at some point... is this something that you're
>>aware of?
>
> If it's not in bugs.horde.org, then either it's not a bug or we don't
> know about it.

Got it. Once I have this straight in my mind at to what is really wrong, I'll get a bug submitted.

Ronny
--
Technical Director
Amazing Internet Ltd, London