[whups] Search Overrides Show Permissions?

Guy Hanson Guy_Hanson at xyratex.com
Mon Aug 1 09:41:58 PDT 2005

Hi All,
I am trying to use whups for both internal and customer bug tracking but
have hit a potential problem.

Rather than have a queue per project as is normally the case, I have
customer queues and internal queues. The idea is to separate bug reports
so that one customer does not see the input from another customer
(potentially sensitive information) and internal bugs are not broadcast
to everyone during a test/QA phase (potentially embarrassing).

I have set up groups for development, test QA etc. with show/read/edit
permissions and also groups for each tier 1 customer. The permissions
work fine on the respective queues.

The problem is that a member of a queue may perform a search on their
own queue plus 'ANY' queue therefore all reports are shown. The
permissions do not allow the reports to be displayed in full or edited
but the subject line of every report is visible along with the queue and
allocated resource.

Is there a way to lock searches to a single queue for certain groups?

Or

Is there a better way to do this as I'm fairly new to this and sorting
the permissions matrix is becoming a full time job :o)

Many thanks
Guy.

  Guy Hanson
  Project Hardware Engineer