[whups] too many open files

Lukas Meyer lukasmeyer1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 10:25:32 PDT 2005

Dear list,

I'm trying to set up mail-filter.php for our whups ticketing system.
I'm running into the following problems when i try to pipe a message
as a ticket trough mail-filter.php. Sometimes the ticket appears in
whups and sometimes there are too many open files.

Of course I could raise the allowed amount of open files but I'm
wondering why mail-filter.php needs to access the ldap database. I'm
storing only the user Prefs in LDAP but of course the tickets are
stored in mysql. Can anyone tell me what mail-filter needs to do in
ldap and if I can disable that.

This is my error message:
# echo "test" | mail-filter.php --queue test --type test --priority
ok --state ok
PHP Warning:  factory(/var/www/staff/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php):
failed to open stream: Too many open files in /var/www/staff/horde/
lib/Horde/Prefs.php on line 807PHP Fatal error:  factory(): Failed
opening required '/var/www/staff/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/
ldap.php' (include_path='/var/www/staff/horde/lib:.:/pear/lib:/var/
www/pear/lib') in /var/www/staff/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs.php on line 807

regards,

Lukas