[whups] Setup question

Paul Hancock paulh1221 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 07:43:02 PDT 2005

I have whups set up, and have been using it for a few months.
It's been great so far -- quite a nifty bug tracker!

My current setup has one queue for new tickets, and it allows
guest to post to it. Other queues are set up, but they are only
viewable by designated groups.  I don't want guest to be able to
view the tickets, since there may be sensitive or abusable
information in them.

The concept was that someone could post a ticket in the new
tickets area.  Any representative (including non-admin) could
then move the ticket to the proper queue for further attention.
At the time I set this up, non-administrators could move
tickets, which was ideal, since I did not want
non-administrators having the ability to change the whups
settings, only to move tickets around.  Unfortunately, Set Queue
is now an administrator-only function.

Are there any suggestions on how I can accomplish the same thing
that I've outlined above with the current code?  If it were
possible to set visibility on a ticket by ticket basis, an
authorized representative could limit visibility to only the
sensitive tickets.  I did not see a way to do that, though.

My concern is that if I'm the only one able to move tickets from
the new ticket queue, I'm the bottleneck, and the ticket is
sitting there visible for all to see, even if it has info I
don't want the world to see.

Thanks for any suggestions you have!