[whups] Setup question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Sep 21 11:17:37 PDT 2005

Quoting Paul Hancock <paulh1221 at yahoo.com>:

> The concept was that someone could post a ticket in the new
> tickets area.  Any representative (including non-admin) could
> then move the ticket to the proper queue for further attention.
> At the time I set this up, non-administrators could move
> tickets, which was ideal, since I did not want
> non-administrators having the ability to change the whups
> settings, only to move tickets around.  Unfortunately, Set Queue
> is now an administrator-only function.

Not that this helps you, but Set Queue has never _intentionally_ been
available to non-admins. :)

> Are there any suggestions on how I can accomplish the same thing
> that I've outlined above with the current code?  If it were
> possible to set visibility on a ticket by ticket basis, an
> authorized representative could limit visibility to only the
> sensitive tickets.  I did not see a way to do that, though.

No, permissions are queue-based, not individual ticket-based.

What would people think of allowing users to move tickets between any
queues that they have write access to? Set Queue was admin-only in the
past because it can mean changing the type of a ticket as well, but the
UI walks you through all necessary changes and makes sure the ticket is
still valid in the new queue, so I don't think that's a concern.

-chuck

Quincy Adams