[whups] Setup question

Rodion Serebryakov rserebryakov at browncorp.com
Wed Sep 21 15:35:33 PDT 2005

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> What would people think of allowing users to move tickets between any
> queues that they have write access to? Set Queue was admin-only in the
> past because it can mean changing the type of a ticket as well, but the
> UI walks you through all necessary changes and makes sure the ticket is
> still valid in the new queue, so I don't think that's a concern.

I think, this would be very useful.

I get requests to move tickets from one queue to another often enough to
wish for owners' ability to do it on their own.
Some of the times the need to move tickets is there because of the
requester's lack of understanding of which queue suits the problem best,
and other times it's because the ticket evolves to a whole different
animal over time.

Sometimes I have to change the requester, too (micro-surgery on the
database).  Maybe, that is something that admin should be allowed to do?

Rodion