[whups] Setup question

Onyx Raven onyxraven at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:48:47 PDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Rodion Serebryakov <rserebryakov at browncorp.com> wrote:
> Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>
> > What would people think of allowing users to move tickets between any
> > queues that they have write access to? Set Queue was admin-only in the
> > past because it can mean changing the type of a ticket as well, but the
> > UI walks you through all necessary changes and makes sure the ticket is
> > still valid in the new queue, so I don't think that's a concern.
>
> I think, this would be very useful.
>
> I get requests to move tickets from one queue to another often enough to
> wish for owners' ability to do it on their own.
> Some of the times the need to move tickets is there because of the
> requester's lack of understanding of which queue suits the problem best,
> and other times it's because the ticket evolves to a whole different
> animal over time.
>
> Sometimes I have to change the requester, too (micro-surgery on the
> database).  Maybe, that is something that admin should be allowed to do?

I have to do some of the same things.

What about instead of the write access, the Assign access would be
able to Assign to queues as well as people?  In the way whups is set
up, queues also set responsibilities, so this sort of makes sense.

Right now I've got way too many people in the Admin permissions groups
because they need to be able to change queue assignments.  A more
granular way to assign that permission would be quite valuable.