[whups] Fwd: Re: Hide details from reply's

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Feb 6 08:38:42 PST 2006

----- Forwarded message from air2 at dds.nl -----
     Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:16:05 +0100
     From: Auke Bruinsma <air2 at dds.nl>
  Subject: Re: [whups] Hide details from reply's
       To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Auke Bruinsma <air2 at dds.nl>:
>

>> When using the mailscraper to convert support mails in tickets in a
>> commercial support envirment it can be undesirable to show the url to
>> the ticket in
>> the reply e-mail.  Also an reply  e-mail to the ticket requester on
>> every update is not always desirable. The same for including the state
>> (you don't always want your custumers to know what you think is the
>> priority of their request). So I would like to implement 4 extra preferences
>>
> [snip]
>
> If you're contemplating changes like this, how about considering
> going  all the way and simply defining a set of rules (recipient,
> queue,  etc...) by which to select a custom template for the email?

Sounds like a good idea. To implement this I would change the Driver.php
to replace strings like:
@@comment_placeholder@@
@@ticket_url@@ etc.
Those templates should be linked  to a queue (like the current states
and priorities etc.) You can link more as one template to a queue. And a
template should contain the definition for the recipient role it may be
used for. (it may only used for creators, or for everybody execpt creators)
or for a specified e-mail adres.
Also they get a priority.

If a queue contains multiple templates, which matches for the e-mail
recipient, the one with the highest priority will be used.

>> I assume creator/requestor are the same when a message is processed by
>> the Mail.php and mail-filter.php.
>>

> They should always be the same, no?

I don't know, I guess so, but why than the different words? I though
there whould be some kind of difference?
> -chuck

auke

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships