[whups] Assigning permissions

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Tue Feb 7 08:52:37 PST 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 11:55 PM, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Jason Dixon <jason at dixongroup.net>:
>
>> Sorry if I'm not making myself clear.  I want to allow another user
>> "assign" and "update" rights to a queue without being an admin.
>
> Okay. That should be straightforward enough - what specifically is
> preventing you from doing so?

I think that seeing only a single checkbox with no description next
to it (for Assign/Update) was confusing me, until I realized that it
was just a boolean choice.  Versus the Edit page, which allows you to
Show/Read/Edit/Delete.

Speaking of which, is it described in the docs anywhere what each of
those permissions actually do?  For example, how do Show and Read
differ?  Does Edit allow a user to add comments, or actually update
the ticket (change state, priority, etc)?  I don't see a "ticket
delete" button, so what does that really let you do?

>> I also want to limit which users can create tickets in this queue.
>
> That is controlled by the Edit permission.

Yup, got it working (mostly).

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon